Medicine Soldier

A View from Iraq


12.01.2005

The Last...

(Written 12.01.2005, posted 12.12.2005)

In trying to mentally prepare myself for coming home, I often thought about the usual duties and activities. I thought about my last hair cut in Iraq, my last trip to the laundry, my last inventory, and even my last patrol. It was an easy logistics run to another camp in order to pick up supplies. It was my last look at the streets of Iraq with the open air markets, children playing, and livestock in the roads. It was uneventful for the most part. I turned in all my patrol gear a few days later and felt almost naked. Still, I had only a few days to make sure my counterpart was well prepared, pack my living area, and go through the usual hurry-up-and-wait military movement routine. Now onward to Baghdad.

posted by Scott | 22:00 Baghdad time | © 12.01.2005
Comments (0) | | permalink | main | email this

Feedback from readers: 0


Post a Comment


about
archives
rings
search
subscribe
listed