Medicine Soldier

A View from Iraq


12.13.2005

I'll Live, I Guess

(Written 18:06 US Central time 12.12.2005)

I survived a year in Iraq without even losing a sock. I still think I owe it to the overwhelming support back home and everyone praying for me. It is a war of chance over there. Some people went out everyday and never had to fire a shot, while others were just going from one camp to another for something minor and had their lives changed forever. I had my share of events from midnight raids to visiting the schools and handing out supplies.

I learned a lot this year about Iraq, the Army, and even myself. It has been physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting. Though I have not changed too much physically, I am looking forward to the next chapter in my life where I can move on mentally and emotionally from this year. For now, I will wait here for the rest of my soldiers to join me here and help them in their transition home.

posted by Scott | 03:06 Baghdad time | © 12.13.2005
Comments (2) | | permalink | main | email this

Feedback from readers: 2


I am so happy you are safe now. Have a Merry Christmas with all our love and gratitude. Thank you.

Posted by Blogger Zelda | 13/12/05 20:15  


Glad you made it home safe. I hope as you get time that you keep blogging. I enjoyed reading your view on things and even in the states, I am sure your stories would ... teach us (took me a second to figure out what I wanted to say there).

I wish much joy and peace now.

Posted by Anonymous Tami aka Marine mom | 21/12/05 21:36  


Post a Comment


about
archives
rings
search
subscribe
listed